WLAN/Bluetooth QA Engineer
Hyderabad, India Location:
May 28th, 2018 Posted On:
WLAN/Bluetooth QA Engineer is responsible for validating the software/products released from the development team.
- Design and Create test Cases of WLAN Testing (automated and manual)
- Updating Test plan and creating new test plan for new products
- Bug reporting and follow up activities to resolve the bugs
- Work with the development team for debugging and recreating the bugs
- Automation of the testing process using scripts and any automated tools
- Validation of 802.11 Wireless LAN products (Wi-Fi)
- Validation of WLAN modes (Access Point/Station/Wi-Fi Direct)
- Validation of Bluetooth Classic and BLE features
- To report on bug metrics and status updates
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. Computers/Electrical/Electronics/Telecom Engineering or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 or more years of industry experience in software development in embedded systems for consumer Networking/Telecom industry.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of QA experience in Wi-Fi/Bluetooth protocol testing
- Expertise on Test plan creation, familiarity with preparing functional and system test plans
- Basic knowledge in programming and scripting
- In-depth knowledge on IEEE 802.11 protocols
- Experience with Wireless/Network Security protocols
- Enterprise Security testing (security:802.1x, Radius Authentication, WPA2, etc)
- Experience with wireless traffic generator and simulation tools such as Chariot, controller/AP simulator.
- Experience with wireless analysis and troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, OmniPeek.
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Performance and stress testing - throughput in different security configurations and different power modes.
- Power Management testing (throughput and power consumption in different Power modes)
- Pre-certification testing (Interoperability, security, QoS)
- Be able to communicate, verbally and in written form, with team members and co-workers.
- Be able to write clear procedures, bug descriptions and test reports.