BLE Module (Bluetooth Low Energy 4.1/Bluetooth Smart) with antenna
WC7220B0 from Wi2Wi's MCU Embedded (ME) Series is a Host-Less Single-Mode Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE 4.1/Bluetooth Smart) module with integrated chip antenna. This self-contained BLE module with on-board microcontroller, embedded BLE 4.1 stack and application profiles enables the system to connect to any smartphone/tablet or any other BLE enabled devices in a Personal Area Network (PAN). WC7220B0 being one of the industries smallest BLE module is a subsystem that includes MCU, MAC, baseband, RF front-end, LNA, PA, crystals, filter and EEPROM. This ultra low power BLE module with multiple Power-down modes consumes as low as nano amps which provides excellent battery life and can be powered with a small coin cell battery like CR2032. Extra memory in WC7220B0 hostless BLE module will enable the system developers to write user application programs and eliminate the need for any external Microcontroller. Additionally, interfaces such as UART, I2C, GPIOs with Analog, Digital and PWM functionality are also available to communicate with external peripherals and sensors. WC7220B0 standalone ble module is FCC, CE and IC certified and comes in extended temperature grade; -30°C to +85°C.
- Smallest BLE Module with dimension 8 mm x 12 mm x 1.85 mm
- Standalone Bluetooth v4.1/BLE (Bluetooth Smart)
- Bluetooth v4.1 specification
- 1 Analog IO, 12 Programmable Digital IOs, and PWM
- 128KB memory: 64KB RAM and 64KB ROM
- 512Kb EEPROM for firmware, Application code and MAC address storage.
- Integrated antenna tuned for best RX performance
- Excellent RX sensitivity (RSSI) up to -92.5 dBm
- Maximum transmit power (TXPWR) up to 8 dBm
- Interfaces supported: UART, I2C
- 1.8V DC - 3.6V DC power supply operation
- Ultra-low power consumption, Dormant mode power <900nA
- Compact, robust design for easy integration
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE (In progress)
- Supports full operation in extended operating temperature range (-30°C to +85°C)
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- M2M (Machine-to-Machine)
- HID: BLE keyboards, BLE mice, BLE touchpads, BLE Remote controls, etc.
- BLE based Sport/Fitness Sensors: Heart-rate, Run/bicycle speed, etc.
- BLE based Health sensors: Blood Pressure monitor, Thermometer, Glucose Meters, etc.
- Mobile accessories: BLE based Smart Watches, BLE proximity sensors, BLE alert tags, BLE camera controls, etc.
- Smart home, smart energy: heating/lighting control, etc.
- Automotive aftermarket
- Internet enabled consumer devices
- Medical monitoring and sensing equipment
|Bluetooth Version:||4.1,Low Energy (BLE) or BT Smart|
|Bluetooth Data Rates:||1Mbps: GFSK Modulation (BR)|
|Module Includes:||32kHz and 16MHz crystal|
|Maximum Transmit Power:||8dBm|
|Receive Sensitivity:||-92.5 dBm|
Part Ordering: WC7220B0-DVK2 The WC7220B0 - BLE Module Development kit (WC7220B0-DVK2) is a plug and play BLE with MCU System which comes with a black box demo. It enables customer to evaluate, integrate and develop software for their end system. The Kit comes with WC7220B0 BLE Module Development board, WC7220B0 BLE Debugger, USB cables and all necessary tools. The related collateral explains one click demo program and other sample programs which customer can leverage to their end applications.
Software & Documentation
|Product Brief||WC7220B0_Product_Brief.pdf||1.0||744 KB||06/07/2017|
|Data Sheet||WC7220B0_Datasheet.pdf||1.03||1.28 MB||06/07/2017|
|Development Kit Flyer||WC7220B0-DVK2_Flyer.pdf||1.1||744 KB||06/07/2017|
|Software User Guide||WC7220B0_Software_UserGuide.pdf||0.02||1.58 MB||12/30/2016|
|Hardware Integration Guide||WC7220B0_Hardware_Integration_Guide.pdf||0.02||1.32 MB||12/30/2016|
|Software Development Kit||SDK.zip||2.6||123 MB||12/30/2016|
|Part Order Number||Description||Antenna||Operating Temperature||Packaging Type||Buy from Distributor|
|WC7220B0-E2QT||BLE Module||Chip||(-30°C to +85°C)||Tray||Buy Now|
|WC7220B0-E2QR||BLE Module||Chip||(-30°C to +85°C)||Reel||Buy Now|
|WC7220B0-DVK2||WC7220B0 (BLE Module) Development Kit with software development environment||Chip||(-30°C to +85°C)||Kit||Buy Now|